The HI774 Checker® HC (Handheld Colorimeter) provides a simple, accurate and cost-effective way to measure phosphate in marine systems including coral reef tanks. Phosphate is an important parameter to measure in aquaculture and aquariums; levels that are too high can lead to extensive algae growth, depleted dissolved oxygen levels, and ultimately can be fatal to many types of fish and aquatic life. Designed as a more accurate alternative to chemical test kits, the HI774 provides quick, accurate results. For those that would like measure phosphate as phosphorous we off the HI736 Phosphorous Checker® HC. Alternatively, to determine the fraction of phosphorous (PO4-P) there is in phosphate (PO43-) the phosphate reading is multiplied by 0.3261. A 0.50 ppm phosphate reading is equal to 0.163 ppm or 163 ppb phosphorous.
- Reagents are pre-measured packets that are added to the sample to take a reading.
- Using an LED at a specific wavelength and silicon photo detector the HI774 can perform a precise reading of the color change in the sample based on the phosphate concentration.
Checker HC Calibration Standards
- The HI774-11 CAL-Check standards can be purchased separately and are used to check the performance of the meter to ensure confidence that the meter is working properly.
- The meter is programmed to turn off after seven minutes of non-use or two minutes after taking a reading.
Long Battery Life
- The phosphate ULR Checker has an exceptional battery life with a fresh battery lasting for a minimum of 5000 measurements.
Plastic Carrying Case
- The 774 is supplied complete with meter and reagents for 10 tests that are packaged in a durable plastic carrying case.
- Laboratory grade measurements at a cost of a chemical test kit.
Phosphate Range 0.00 to 0.90 ppm Phosphate Resolution 0.01 ppm Phosphate Accuracy +/- 0.02 ppm +/- 5% of reading Phosphate Method adaptation of the Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 20th edition, Ascorbic-Acid method. The reaction between phosphate and the reagent causes a blue tint in the sample. Photometer/Colorimeter Light Source LED @ 525 nm Photometer/Colorimeter Light Detector silicon photocell Battery Type/Life (1) 1.5V AAA Automatic Shut-Off after seven minutes of non-use and two minutes after taking a reading Environment 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing Weight 64 g (2.25 oz.) Dimensions 86.0mm x 61mm x 37.5mm (3.4″ x 2.4″ x 1.5”) Ordering Information HI774 Checker® is supplied with (2) sample cuvettes with caps, phosphate ULR reagent for 10 tests, battery, instructions and quick start guide.